Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Swimming in a Sea of Possibilities



It's been nearly a month since I posted here and sent the link out, and I apologize to anyone who came here looking for inspiration. The truth is that I'm in that stage of research where you're delving into all sorts of wonderful material but haven't wrestled it into shape. I've decided to prepare a slide presentation for our faculty giving an overview of some of the new technological tools we should be using with our students. The current TIME magazine cover story is my springboard. I emailed a mention of it, with the image, to the faculty yesterday, suggesting that we all read it. Our head asked for a photyocopy of the article, and I know he's interested in bringing our curriculum and teaching into the 21st century. So my next task is to summarize some of what I've been reading and prepare an overview for the school. Call it Internet 2.0, or Library 2.0 if you're talking among librarians, or School 2.0 -- it's all the same conversation.


Here are a few of the best sites/blogs I've discovered so far. In some cases, the writers have a larger site and then a blog within the site. Here are some blog titles and where you can find them:






Infinte Thinking Machine http://www.infinitethinking.org


Joyce Valenza's Never Ending Search http://joycevalenza.edublogs.org




and one more site,





I'm using Google Reader for my blog subscriptions and am replacing less useful ones with better ones as I find them. So these are some great places to start exploring. But you'll get to the point, as I have, where your head is swimming and you need to sit back and decide on a starting point for local action

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jane, for the mention of the Blue Skunk. Since I don't have an email for you, I will have to say here how much I enjoyed your response to my entry about lack of safe toys when we were growing up.

All the best!

Doug